cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Advisor lied to me

Go to solution

I put an order in for BT Complete wifi with digital voice  got the hub today then I get a call from a BT adviser who says the order keeps getting  rejected  because sky have a cease on the line I phoned sky and they said BT should be able to cancel the order because I've changed my mind and wqnt to stay with sky so can BT cancel an order if requested  by the costumer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Advisor lied to me

Go to solution

What is it you think the advisor lied to you about? You have not said, in fact other than saying the advisor told you the order gets rejected because there was a cease on your line the advisor has not said anything.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Dan20153 

If you asked Sky to cease your service, then placed an order with BT, then that order would fail because there would be a pending cease on the line from Sky. Once that has completed, you can place another order.

The advisor was telling the truth.

The correct process would have been to place the order with BT. They would then tell Sky that they are taking over the service, and that would have gone ahead without any issues, and the order would not normally fail unless there were no free connections available in the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It says on the tracker that activation is 2nd of February sky service ends on the 1st of February 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It says on the tracker that activation is 2nd of February sky service ends on the 1st of February 

Then that would be correct, the changeover would normally take place after midnight, so you must have followed the correct process.

The order is in fact pending the cease of the Sky service, which is possibly what the advisor meant.

The changeover date would be about right, depending on what date you placed the order.

Hopefully the changeover will go smoothly, it normally does.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It looks to me that there was an issue ( caused by you ) that’s been ‘fixed’ , but not necessary very well explained, if you called Sky yourself to cancel their service, then contacted BT , the BT order would fail , because of the Sky order to cease your service that you incorrectly asked them to raise, you didn’t need to contact Sky yourself, you should leave that to the new provider, BT in your case, to advise Sky.

BT advise you that the BT order is being rejected because of an order already in place , you contact Sky yourself ( BT cannot do this for you ) , Sky understand the mistake you made and cancel the cease you requested, thus clearing the way for the BT order to proceed , BT then resubmit your original request to join BT , because there is no longer a ‘Sky’ order in the system blocking it , the  BT order now goes through.

It does now appear that the migration is due to take place 1st /2nd. February , nobody lied to you , migration between providers is not a process that everyone is familiar with , so it can go wrong or be delayed when people incorrectly tell  their old provider they are leaving themselves , instead of simply contacting the new provider and leaving everything to them.