cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Billing

BT Billing have just told me that they will only compensate for mistakes they have made over the last three months!!!  owever, I appear to have been overcharged by them for around 3 years!! Any advice???

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Billing

Mistakes happen, it's your responsbility to check your bill is correct and if not, to notify BT, without knowing more it's hard to answer but it's in the terms and conditions you agreed to :

e.      If you genuinely think we’ve made a mistake on your bill, tell us straight away.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for that, but where on the dreadful BT website are these T&Cs???
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@BadHippowrote:
Thanks for that, but where on the dreadful BT website are these T&Cs???

If you look at the very bottom of each page (including this one) there's a purple area & one of the links is t&c's, not very dreadful at all imo

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

www.bt.com/terms

3 years of billing with monthly bills means you had 36 chances to spot something wasn't right, even with quarterly billing means you had 12 invoices sent, it's a customers responsibility to check the bills and notify BT to have it put right, BT will only send the bills or bill notifications, it's up to the customer to read them.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thanks garybs29, I found the quote Richie gave above. But nowhere does it say they will only take responsibility for mistakes they have made over the last three months??? So where does this come from???
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Easy Guru Tiger! But I come back to my original question, where do the T&Cs say that they will only accept responsibility for mistakes they have made over the last three months??? (And I could do without being talked down to!!!)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

You have a choice on how you are billed, you can have paperless or paper billing, the bill is sent to you monthly, you're expected to check it's accurate, if it's wrong contact BT, that is what the terms state word for word :

If you genuinely think we’ve made a mistake on your bill, tell us straight away.

3 years ago isn't straight away is it ? you've left it so long it would be impossible to investigate, BT have offered you 3 months as a goodwill gesture, unless you can prove without doubt that you're not responsible, I'd accept the offer.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

So many strong comments in three posts Guru, and still no answer to my question - where does it say what BT told me on the phone, that they will only be responsible for the last three bills??? Bye bye.
0 Ratings