cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband contract new 24 month contract after cancelling BTTV

Go to solution

This morning I cancelled BT TV as my contract ends 10 June. I had it confirmed that the cancellation takes effect from that date.

I have now received documents to say my Broadband and landline  contract starts a new 24 month contract from 2 May and BTTV ceases on that date. I never asked to renew the Broadband ( I had renewd it on 29 March anyway, we are only talking 6 weeks, so not so much of a problem)

My question is why did BT automatically start a new contract period, without advising me. And when I gave just over days notice to cancel BTTV is it being cancelled instantly?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband contract new 24 month contract after cancelling BTTV

Go to solution

Hi @Jonty1964,

I am sorry to see that it was cancelled within 1 working day of you asking us to cancel the service instead of the agreed date.

This sounds like human error. I really am sorry that we cancelled to the wrong date.

Did you get speaking with anyone over the phone about this? If you need our help, let me know and I'll send you a private message.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Yes I spoke to someone yesterday. BTTV was cancelled yesterday and my new 24 month contract for Broadband started from yesterday also. It is too much trouble to get BTTV reinstated. I was told it would take up to 2 weeks but I don't believe that. I did get a credit for the inconvenience and confirmation that I would not get charged for the final few weeks. Also broadband date reinstated to original date.

The annoying thing is I was confirming everything as I went through the cancellation process and it got ignored.

Anyway now sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you @Jonty1964.

I am sorry that this happened but it good to see that you spoke with someone since who tried to make it up to you.

If you need any other help just drop us a line here.

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings