cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Broadband price match

I am with vodafone mobile contract and got offered to switch to their broadband for 150 MB package for £18 a month for 2 years.

Wondering if  BT is willing to do price match otherwise better to leave BT for  Vodafone.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Broadband price match

Phone BT 00330.1234.150 and ask them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Too many zeroes.0330 1234 150

Message 4 of 8

My contract is up for renewal and BT wouldn't even stick to the Halo 3 T&Cs which state "You’ll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract."

Currently a new customer can get FTTP 500Mbps for £42.99, I was offered £49.99 and no movement.

I told them I can get Sky 500 for £34.99, they said they couldn't match that, so off to SKY.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@mikemod - the misleading fact about the T&Cs for Halo 3+ is that the promise "You’ll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract” - is that it only relates specifically to Halo 3+ prices. Not ALL prices or contract options. 
You cannot downgrade and get a deal that matches a new customer, as it’s impossible to remove Halo. The solution BT will give is a forced move to EE if you try to negotiate.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

So after a bit of negotiation I agreed the move to EE, Essentials Full Fibre Gigabit

Even better, because I already had the 12 month Xbox Ultimate pass with  BT, they don't give it again when you renew.

However moving to EE allowed me to take up the offer again so I get my Xbox Ultimate pass paid for the next twelve months 😁

Also as I use my own router and Wireless AP there was no change in service, in fact the connection never even dropped as my IP number remained the same. The connection remains exactly as it was with BT

All in all a very seamless switch and the Xbox pass activated on first try.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@mikemod 

As you are now an EE customer, you need to post on the EE forum https://community.ee.co.uk/ if you need any more assistance.

EE are a separate company within the BT Group.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Already registered..
0 Ratings