cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 33

BT Broadband to EE 1.6Gbps product

I'm currently on the 1Gbps BT product.

Now that BT is rebranding to EE, I was wondering if it is possible to switch from my current BT 1Gbps product to the new EE 1.6Gbps product?

Or will it just be a matter of being patient until the rebranding is complete and then look into it?

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT Broadband to EE 1.6Gbps product

@michaeladamson  Go to the EE website, select broadband and see what is on offer. That may confirm whether your address can be serviced by the 1.6gb offering. Mine isn't but my previous address is! 

Carlusha_0-1698315913960.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

@Carlusha  I've already done that and 1.6GB is available 😁

michaeladamson_1-1698316290542.png

My question was more about if its possible to move over to that product from a BT product while inside my BT contract period (which runs until May 2024) since they're now both the same company and the rebranding is happening

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

I rang BT and they were able to transfer me across to the EE 900 product for no extra charge and no early termination fee.

My next step will be to wait for that transfer to complete, then I will order the upgrade to the 1.6Gbps EE service 🙂

Message 5 of 33

@michaeladamson 

I suppose it will depend on whether or not BT & EE do become one company & not still remain as two companies like BT & Plusnet that is owned by BT.

If BT & EE do a full merger & become one company you could then, potentially, do an upgrade within your existing contract.

Just seen your latest post so it seems you'll get it sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

@caravanjBT will cease to be a residential ISP, all residential customers will be transferred to EE eventually.

Message 7 of 33

@pippincp 

Thanks, that's good to know.

It was irritating for us Plusnet customers to find that although BT owned it, BT didn't allow it to supply a Digital Voice service so I didn't want to see the same with EE.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

In the same situation currently with BT on Full Fibre 900 Halo 3. Phoned this morning and being transferred to EE on the 30th October, on the 900 All Rounder package, the new hub is coming tomorrow. Then got a callback on Monday between 1-2pm to upgrade again to the new 1.6gb package. No termination charges at all looks all straight forward tbh. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

Yes, it will be straight forward with no termination charges.

Fun fact. BT hasn't and possibly won't release a WiFi 6 hub but EE has. Previously EE hubs have been reberanded BT hubs. Possibly shows BT will be transferring all BT customers to EE.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 33

Did you get the 3 months free offer  aswell ?

0 Ratings