cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: BT Broadband to EE 1.6Gbps product

@McGrath1982 

Did this go smoothly for you?

Im looking to move from BT to EE for the 1.6gb package when EE have EE TV launched

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

@verkosh nope sadly customers joining from BT to EE can’t get the 1.6Gbps busiest home package until March 2024. I’m on the Gigabit 900 all rounder package currently until March. The only way you can get the package is being a brand new customer. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

A shame, Its not a good way to get people to switch if they wont let current BT customers have desirable packages, Especially since the Wifi 6 router is only available on EE at the moment

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

That tell me that if people stay with bt then March is the time we will get the wifi router 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

The router already is on BT,  Just as the Business Hub 3,  They've not released it to Residential Customers yet and I presume they'll keep it EE exclusive since the aim is to eventually transfer all residential customers.

EE are also rumored to be launching a Wifi 7 router early next year.

Im guessing why they arent letting people upgrade to the 1.6gbps package just yet is most people might need a new ONT as current issued ones likely only have a 1GB Ethernet port and obviously for a faster package one with a 2.5GB port will be needed,   Im guessing Openreach and the Contracters dont have a large supply of these to swap over yet as technically the speeds above 900mbps are still in a trial phase 

You'd think though since EE will sell the package to new customers it wouldnt be too hard to arrange upgrades for people

Message 16 of 33

Ok thanks for the interesting reply, I’m out of contract with bt for my bb so just paying month to month as it stands , I mite aswell just close the account and reopen with EE , I’m just worried with the chew on with changing over.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

If you did this you might be without internet when you close your BT account until EE get you connected .

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Yes that’s my worry , will bt eventually offer me to move over ? 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

I'm surprised they've not sent emails encouraging you to move over to be honest.

I think BT is slowly being phased out as the consumer brand and they eventually want residential customers on EE whilst BT as a brand focuses on business customers.

However they aren't forcing people to switch over yet and nothing stops you recontracting with BT at the moment if they offer you a good contract 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 33

Yeh I would be happy to re-contract if I could have the new EE router and 1.6gb , but as it stands there is no benefit for me to do so. 

0 Ratings