cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Cancelled my account in error... now I have no internet for nearly 3 weeks - what to do?

Hi All,

After a long period of being a very happy customer I've had the most frustrating 48 hours of my life trying to deal with BT.

Long story short, a few weeks back I got a text message out of the blue from BT saying they were sorry I was leaving, I rang them up and confirmed I had not requested to leave nor had any intention of leaving so please cancel the cancellation. Which they told me they had done.

On Wednesday morning, I woke up to no internet and received a letter through the post I owe BT £120 in fees for early termination.

After 48 hours of going back and forth with agents via phone, the best they could do is setup a new account for me, initially I was told this may be up to 3-5 days to activate, yesterday I was informed this is not able to happen until the 21st of March.

Given everything is already installed, and this was an error at BT's end (they have admitted as such), is there nothing that can be done to expedite an activation date? I work remotely for a children's hospital and I'm unable to work at present because of this issue and there seems to be no way of me doing anything about it? Even trying to ring the complaints department sends me round in a loop that eventually ends up with them cutting me off.

Is there any advice anyone can offer? or a direct number to someone / some department who have some power to help?

All help gratefully appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cancelled my account in error... now I have no internet for nearly 3 weeks - what to do?

@shawie3k 

I have asked a moderator to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT Cancelled my account in error... now I have no internet for nearly 3 weeks - what to do?

Thanks so much Keith
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@shawie3k I'm so sorry your BT service has been disconnected in error as I appreciate the inconvenience this is causing you. It sounds like the other provider has taken over the line, the 14 days is set by the regulator as we have to give notice that we are taking the line back.

I appreciate it shouldn't have been cancelled in the first place, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to see if we can do anything to help. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much @NeilO , I've replied to your message now.

There was no other provider involved, I never tried to leave in the first place, so hopefully that can speed things up.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

There is the possibility you have been slammed.

0 Ratings