cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Fibre Technician

Hey.

In a bit of a predicament with our BT internet. We had it installed just over two weeks ago now, and were told it’d be up and running on the day it was installed.

The person who installed it told us it would actually be the next day since a technician needed to come and mess with a pole nearby since it hasn’t been upgraded for fibre broadband yet (I suppose this means we are the first in our area to get BT fibre then)

The next day, no one shows up and our router still has an orange light, not flashing, and we can’t get any internet, so my mum calls up BT and they tell us the technician will arrive in the next 5 days. Two weeks pass and no one has turned up still. Our old ISP (Virgin Media) cut our internet off over a week ago and we are stuck with nothing at all. 

Is there any way at all we could get some kind of help or an update on this? Thank you. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Fibre Technician

@catherine3 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Which date has BT Retail given you for the activation of your broadband package?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

It was fitted on the 10th or 11th. I don’t think we received a date when it would be up, they just said they’d send a technician within 5 days, now it has been 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

do you have an ONT fitted?  if so are lights green as shown below?

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

The second light, LOS, is red, and the third is off.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

then try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you or give some indication when you will get openreach visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 9

Hi @catherine3 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry there's some confusion with your connection dates etc. Your best bet would be to contact the FTTP team on the number posted by @imjolly . They should be able to check what's happening for you. Can you try that and let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Message 8 of 9

Thanks. Will contact them soon, and i’ll update.

Message 9 of 9

Update: called them and BT spoke with openreach. They said something about the light in their cables being broken. They said it’ll be fixed by Wednesday. 

Thanks for the help guys.