cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Essentials

Hi, I'm yet another customer that is stuck attempting to switch to the home essentials package.

I've been with BT for a year now since moving into my new home, I have all of the bills in my name as my partner suffers with severe anxiety and cannot deal with people over the telephone or in person. Because she is the one with health problems, she has to make the claim for income support though, I am a carer to my son.

This is obviously where the problems start, bill in my name, claim in partners, even though I am named on the claim I am clearly not visible via your checks that you do.

Your online check has rejected me but I would like to know possible solutions to this before calling as I still have 12 months on my contract and even if BT were to allow early termination, my partner could not have the account in her name due to the aforementioned problems. 

Is there any help for people in my situation or do I just have to suck it up and pay more than I need to?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Essentials

this is a similar post which has ended in deadlock letter

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Ordering-BT-Home-Essentials-package/td-p/2222105

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Wow, sounds like more trouble than it's worth!! I'm not sure I even want to bother so I can save 10 quid a month!

But......

Every penny counts at the moment
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As you can see the BT account and the benefit claimant should be in the same name to get the home essentials package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings