cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Hybrid

Hello Forum

I have recently tried adding hybrid internet to my full fibre broadband. BT say it's not available in my area.

We live around 200 metres from a 5G transmitter and is visible from our house. I have a EE mobile and recieve full signal and speed tests on 5G are always above 200 Mbps.

A friend as it and they live about 1500 metres from the transmitter. BT won't listen and say there is poor signal at our address. I have informed them that we have three EE contracts at our house and they always show full 5G signal.

BT won't listen they just say they can't do anything as there is not a good enough signal. The EE signal tester on the web shows full 4G signal at our property. 

My wife works from home and she wants this as a backup. 

Who do we speak to at BT to progress this. We have 900 Mbps with whole home WiFI and we should be allowed to add this feature.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Hybrid

If you have full fibre to the house, you really don't need hybrid. The reliability of a fibre connection is several orders if magnitude better than a copper connection. Hybrid on a fibre connection is a triumph of marketing.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi 

Thanks for the reply. I know what your saying with reliability. Are fibre as gone down two times in the last 6 MTHS. It's always back on within the next few days but reliable it's not.

They have sent us a mini hub and had to reactivate it as well. We are 20 MTRS from the new fibre cabinet as well.

Once it was openreach damaging the fibre connection when installing for a neighbour and not sure the second time. It was off for days the second time.

With working from home and what have it's just a extra level of safety that should be available to us. 

BT won't budge we can't send to you as there is not a good enough signal. Roll your eyes the 5G transmitter is practically in our garden it's that close.

• Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I'll flag your problem to the mods, they may be able to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @jas20001978 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems trying to get the Hybrid service. It sounds like one of those 'computer says no' moments. I'm not sure how we would go about getting this sorted but I'll be happy to try for you. I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@jas20001978wrote:

Roll your eyes the 5G transmitter is practically in our garden it's that close.

What's the 4G signal like where you are ? the Hybrid Connect doesn't use 5G, when an order is raised the system checks you get good 4G coverage, that might change as 5G rolls out more.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi 

The EE coverage checker shows full 4G signal indoors and out.

Thanks

0 Ratings