cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Id

I am currently moving to BT from Sky. When I signed up for BT I set my BT User name to my personal mail address.

Unfortuantly this seems to link to my old BT account from when I was a customer previously.

To fix this I contacted BT via messaging and the resolve was to change my user name to a new mail address, and then I would be able to reset it back to my @SKY.com after 24 hours. With this I setup a temporary mail address and my new account was setup including my new account.

However I have tried to rest my user name to my personal mail address as advised three times and each time it says the account is already taken. So I have gone to the online messaging system and spoken to someone on each occasion, with the feedback that the issue would be resolved within 48 hours. Unfortunately this has not happened.

Any ideas, I seem to only be able to talk to people online who say it will be sorted but it is not.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Id

Hi, @james_marjoram Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, we'd need to delete your old BT ID before you'd be able to reuse it with your new details. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be able to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings