cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT/Openreach Roadworks

i have been trying to have BT installed since October. we have had multiple appointments from engineers who have only turned up twice and when they have we have been told they can’t do anything as the road hasn’t been cut ( the pole is across the road). we cannot cut the road that is their job and everytime we phone up to try and get it done we just get sent out another appointment and if the engineer does show they say they can’t do anything. bad communication they know we don’t have access to the pole why won’t they just cut the road ?? anyone else have this problem ?? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT/Openreach Roadworks

@carafarrell 

Do you have an open order for broadband, with BT Retail?

Message 3 of 6

yes i do i am just waiting for it to be installed. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @carafarrell 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the delay with your order.  It's not good enough that you have had to spend so much of your own time chasing this and that you have been waiting since October.

Due to the delay so far, I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If there is a pole opposite your address , why does the road need to be excavated ? , the normal way service is provided from a pole is overhead , so is there a reason why overhead service to your property isn’t being used ( like your property is a bungalow and the required height over the road cannot be achieved) or is it the pole is ‘new’ and has no network connections on it , and that the excavation is required so services can be provided onto the pole , and when that is done , you can get service in the normal overhead way 

If the road needs excavation, then OR would use a Civils Contractor, and that contractor has to abide by whatever noticing period is required , ( they arrange that themselves) they cannot just turn up and start digging….obviously you should be kept advised of what the delay is for and updated periodically , but it’s likely not as straightforward as you may think.

Message 6 of 6

an engineer that came before advised that the best way is to run the cable under the road. we have been asked to build a trench for the cable on our property. i just don’t understand why they keep sending out engineers appointments and we are having to take off work to wait on them when they can’t do anything. a bit of information that something is being done is all we are asking but it just seems like they aren’t doing anything 

0 Ratings