cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Phishing Scam

Go to solution

Hi all

I took up an offer of BB upgrade selected for me on my offers page from BT yesterday evening. The offer was to upgrade my current BB package from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2.

I followed the order procedure through to place the order, then as a last minute check I went back on my browser to ensure all was ok, only discover when I then refreshed the page I discovered that the price I was initially offered had now increased by £5 a month!

Is this a normal phishing scam used by BT sales to entice unsuspecting customers? or is it as I expect, blatant underhand sales profiteering, using an algorithm designed to increase sales once you've visited a page with a view to purchase?

Either way it's a cynical and underhand way to treat existing customers, and I'd hoped for better from them as a recently recruited customer.

Shame on you BT! Underhand tactics befitting  bunch of cowboys!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Phishing Scam

Go to solution

It must be great being you & never making a mistake! It's not great but theres no need for the massive rant, I'm sure if you called in they could look at applying the offer for you. Also you mention you refreshed the page, what was it showing before you refreshed it?

0 Ratings