cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport -"your contract is almost up"

Go to solution

Hi!, Received a email from BT, stating that my contract with BT for Sport runs out on 10th august, it states the current price i pay monthly, then says on august 10th i will still pay that price...it  then continues on with the following;                  "We always want you to get the right package at the best price. So we've pulled together the options you now have and the best available offers for you.

Keep your current contract
If you’re happy with your package, you won’t have to do a thing.

Renew or upgrade with us
It's really simple to stay with us. You can upgrade to one of our new offers or renew your current contract. Just get in touch and we'll take care of everything.

Moving provider
Just so you know, once your contract ends, we won't charge you to cancel or switch to another provider. But we'd hate to say goodbye. For advice on how to cancel, visit our website.

It then gives me a price i will pay if i renew my contract, which is £5 more expensive than what i am currently paying, my question is, going by the above, if i leave well alone and keep my current contract, do i get the BT Sport service at my current price, or do i have no option but to renew at the more expensive price?     Thanks in advance for any advice provided.  Garry

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport -"your contract is almost up"

Go to solution

@GarryJwrote:

my question is, going by the above, if i leave well alone and keep my current contract, do i get the BT Sport service at my current price, or do i have no option but to renew at the more expensive price?     Thanks in advance for any advice provided.  Garry

No, your BT Sport discount will end, if you have BT Sport on Sky there is an additional £6.75 out of contract charge.
The if you're happy then do nothing suggests you have a Halo broadband package, this has no out of contract increase, your BT Sport subscription is separate and will have an out of contract increase.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, yes i have a Halo3+ contract, which was only a few weeks ago upgraded and renewed, my BT Sport is with BT through the youview box (as is our other TV package, Now Entertainment ) not with Sky, when i renewed the broadband, the advisor i spoke to did look at our BT Sport, but said he will not touch that as we were already on a good deal, as we were so close to the end of contract i should have asked him the best price available and got both Broadband and Sport renewed at the same time it seems. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you look at your last bill, it will state the cost of your BT Sport on BTTV subscription, any discounts applied would show, it's that discount of any that would be removed.

For example £20 with a £5 discount so you'd paid £15 per month, the £5 would stop being applied and you'd pay £20, if there's no discount mentioned the cost will remain the same.

Hope that helps 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks again for the replies, just phoned BTs customer services, all sorted now, many thanks all!