cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT TV Packages

One of the selling points of BT TV, is the ability to change packages, either up or down during the term of your contract. However, this has now been removed in my case, unless that is, I upgrade my broadband from FTTC to FTTP.

Leaving the benefits of FTTP  v FTTC to one side, how can BT now insist that during my existing TV contract, which ends September 2024, I cannot  make and changes to my TV options without taking out a new 24 month broadband and tv package. Surely that’s a unilateral change to my T&C’s?

Stew

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT TV Packages

I believe that if you're out of contract on your broadband, you'll need to enter a new contract in order to flex your TV package 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Hi @NigelB72 I am in broadband contract until 6 March 2025.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Ahh that's odd then because you should be able to flex monthly.. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

IMG_0301.jpeg

 Stew

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

I have 56 days left on my BTTV contract but I can no longer change the package without my broadband being renewed for 24 months either!  Message I'm given is "Taking this package will also renew your broadband contract for 24 months".  My broadband contract currently runs until Jan 2024.

Throughout my term I have switched my TV package using the flexible option a few times but that no longer appears to be an option.  Disappointing but to be honest I'll probably just cancel at the end of my contract.

Message 7 of 16

@ledgie from what I understand, it'll recontract your broadband and TV so they're in sync 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

@ledgiewrote:

I have 56 days left on my BTTV contract but I can no longer change the package without my broadband being renewed for 24 months either!  Message I'm given is "Taking this package will also renew your broadband contract for 24 months".  My broadband contract currently runs until Jan 2024.

Throughout my term I have switched my TV package using the flexible option a few times but that no longer appears to be an option.  Disappointing but to be honest I'll probably just cancel at the end of my contract.

56 days would be in the recontract window so all options would be 24 months based on that plus the bb would be setup to run for the same contract

Message 9 of 16

When does the recontract window open?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

@ledgiewrote:

When does the recontract window open?

60 days before the end of your existing minimum term.