cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT account hacked?

Go to solution

I received a text from BT saying that my password had been changed, but I didn't make the change myself (and it had been changed). I've since reset the password from my BT account, but now I'm wondering if my account has been compromised.

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue, and do I need to do anything else?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT account hacked?

Go to solution

Keep a check on all accounts that have any association with your email address. Email accounts don’t get hacked for fun so change any account passwords that you think may be vulnerable. Did you have 2fa active. If not then activate it now.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

Whats 2fa?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Two factor authentication. If someone tries to change your password you get a text from BT with a pin No that has to be input first. Never ever give that pin No to anyone else no matter how convincing they sound. 2fa  can be activated though My BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As above activate two factor authentication on the your BT account in the security settings. This way if anyone tries to log into your BT account then 99% of the time they wont be able to log in without your authentication method and stop people trying to get into your account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I've now set up the Two-step authentication 

I didn't know you could do that, thank you all for the help👍

0 Ratings