cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT agreed a price on the phone but my bill is higher

I rang BT on 14th October as our contract was expiring. They agreed to BB, phone and TV (including BT Sport/TNT) for £31.99/month. I was very happy (and surprised!) until the bill turned up today and they have added on £18.75 for BT Sport/TV.
I called them immediately, they listened to the recording but said that the BT person should not have agreed to that as a package. They have offered me £12/month for the extras instead of £18.75. When I called on 14th, these extras were offered for £10/month before I persuaded them to let me have them included in the £31.99 but that offer is apparently no longer available. I did try and haggle but he was having none of it.
I still have some cooling off time to cancel completely but I feel that they should honour their verbal agreement.
What should I try next? Ring back to make a complaint (if that is an option)?
Complaints in writing take 28 days to process.
Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT agreed a price on the phone but my bill is higher

A company does not need to honour any price made verbally and particularly if it should not have been made in the first place.

If I were you I would take what has now been agreed but ask for conformation of that by email before accepting it.

Failing that if you are not happy cancel within the 14 day period and move to a new provider. 

0 Ratings