cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Social Tariff Switch - Reasonable Adjustment?

Go to solution

Hi,

New here so hope this is in the correct section.

I am currently with Plusnet for Fibre BB and wish to switch to the BT social tariff, but cannot find any way to do this other than verbally through the telephone.

I cannot use telephones due to multiple health conditions and need some form of 'slow' text communication such as e-mail instead.  Plusnet have told me there is no other option for the switch than using a telephone.  (Through social media text messaging, which is the only way I can contact them). 

I have also been surprised to find that BT does not offer any e-mail address for customers to use either.

So my main question is - is there an e-mail address that I can contact BT with as a reasonable adjustment for health conditions?  And can they switch me from Plusnet to the social tariff, or does the switch have to be done through my current supplier?

I am assuming that once I have switched, I will be able to manage the account online in future without the need for telephones.

(PS - I have been suggested the Relay service, but that is not suitable for me either.)

Thanks in advance,
Teller

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Social Tariff Switch - Reasonable Adjustment?

Go to solution

@Teller 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

See  https://www.bt.com/broadband/home-essentials

I am not aware of any other option, but I will see if a moderator has any suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@Teller

can I ask why the move to BT when plusnet also offer the home essentials - social tariff package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Teller I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Hi, I'm not aware of Plusnet offering a social tariff. But the main reason for leaving them is the lack of text based contact. They don't even have webchat. I had to re-open an old social media account just to contact them.

Neil has sent me a PM so hopefully they will be able to help. 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Teller

if you open the link provided by @Keith_Beddoe  it provides a plusnet number to call for home essentials

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I cannot use telephones to call anyone.  That is the purpose of this thread.

Plusnet do not offer a social tariff.  Plusnet customers can switch to the BT social tariff at no extra cost.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Teller Thanks for getting in touch with your details, I was happy to help you get an order placed for BT Home Essentials.

Neil