cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT automatically upgraded, now no internet at all

BT have automatically upgraded my father to BT Halo or some Fibre service. My father did not request this upgrade, nor does he need it (Just uses the internet for basic purposes). I'm also not even sure if there is fibre in the area. My issues are: 

1. The email stated this would start a new 24 month contract. My father is elderly and did not realise this - I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period so have time to cancel. 
2. The equipment provided does not work, therefore my father has been without internet for approximately 10 days. They sent out a new filter which doesn't even fit the ethernet cable that came with the router. 
3. I have been unable to cancel as of yet because of open orders (first to change over the service, then to replace the filter). 
4. They are also unable to book an engineer home visit due to an error on BT's system - I requested someone attend due to my father being elderly and I am unable to do it myself. 

I'm so incredibly frustrated that they did this, and have left him without internet and yet still charging him plenty for the pleasure. I have an open complaint with them but I just wondered if anyone here had any advice?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT automatically upgraded, now no internet at all

Hi @Dixie123 and welcome to our community.

I'm really sorry your dads services have been disconnected. I know how frustrating this is for you. You've mentioned you have an open complaint dealing with this. What was the last update you received? have you been assigned a case handler?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I'm not sure if it's a complaints handler as such but there is someone who has called me a few times.

I last spoke to them a couple of days ago - the filters were delayed so they called to see if it had been delivered yet.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the message @Dixie123 .

Hopefully everything is in hand but just in case of ay problems I've dropped you a private message in case you need to get in touch.

Cheers

david

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I'm confused by the talk of filters and Ethernet cables. Ethernet cables don't need filters. There is only one type of filter and that has an rj12 socket as well as a BT 431 socket

What precisely was the upgrade from and to

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Are you sure your father hasn't spoken to anyone or done something online? There's absolutely no way a new 24 month contract can be started without speaking to anyone or doing something online

0 Ratings