cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT equipment return charge

hi,

having recently moved house and upgraded my broadband package, I have retuned my previous router as requested.

However I have lost the receipt and I am now being advised that BT will charge me 50£ as they have not received it.

This was sent early December and for sure has been received.

I went to the post office and asked if they could help to find the tracking number but they can’t.

can anyone advise and help please ?

I have been a BT customer for 10years and find this very unacceptable and frustrating to be honest.

regards

chris

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT equipment return charge

I have the same problem and no one has been able to help. I have been a bt customer for 5 years, returned the hub but also lost my receipt, I'm sure they should have a record of our tracking numbers somewhere 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

You mention "I'm sure they should have a record of our tracking numbers "

Who do you think should have the record?

I only ask this because if you think it is BT who has the record then I guess they shouldn't be chasing you for non return of your item. This ignores the fact that BT does appear to take a time to check in items and fully record them so they don't chase customers for money?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No help to you with this problem but for any future things that get posted,not just to BT, if you have a phone or camera take a photo of the Proof of Postage so that unless you loose your phone you will still have a record of it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the responses.

i have also just remembered that in the same bag I returned, I also included as requested the mini hub (EE) they had temporarily provided me. But somehow they are not claiming they have not received it…

could that help by tracking it ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Not sure have you tried calling customer services? Any luck?

0 Ratings