cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT essentials

Go to solution

After much hassle my partner has signed up for BT essential home as on benefits however the speed quoted in her confirmation email is download 3-6mb an upload of 1mb and guarenteed minimum download of 1mb.

I checked my own address a couple of 100m away, im on Zen fibre and the BT checker said i would get the same which is patently wrong

Obviously nobody in their right mimd would accept 6mb max download speed

Question has BT dropped the £15 essential packe to 3g speeds or is it an error as they still advertise  unlimited fibreessential plan as 35-36mb.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT essentials

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number and post results  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

if you were moved to digital voice then phone number will not work so use address

can you post hub stats by going to hub manager  enter 192.168.1.254 into browser address bar then go to advanced settings then technical log information and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

She hasnt actually got the equipment yet only emails confirming order and speed

attached is the result of address checker from your linkinfo.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

from what you posted there is currently a waiting list on your cabinet for FTTC (fibre to street cab) hence why you have been put on adsl2 connection.  you just need to keep checking and when waiting list changes to available then phone  CS 150 and upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I actually checked via Zen's adress checker and it gave max download of 15mbps for her address, otherwise thanks for your advice

0 Ratings