cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 9

BT have created 2 additional credit agreements which I did not agree to via EE BT Sport Smart Benefi

Go to solution

So I've had a nightmare setting up my smart benefit with EE, I've tried numerous times to setup Amazon Prime with no joy. On 25th December 2021 I tried to setup the BTSport benefit with no luck, I gave up because I had joy previously setting up the Amazon Prime Smart Benefit on numerous occasions.

So on the 20th January 2022 I contacted EE live chat for help (frankly this seems to be when things have become worse)

Chat support tried 3 times to get it to work asking me for a BT Pin number via email without any joy, I was told that a complain had been raised with EE and they would be in touch within 24 hours, 30 minutes later I received a text from EE stating the complaint had been closed. Nothing was resolved? 

I've come to understand the issue I'm having with the BT Smart benefit is that I'm not getting the confirmation email from BT to confirm the account, so although I'm getting a BT Sports ID, I didn't receive the confirmation email which means the account hasn't been actually created.

So I try signing up again with a different email address, same issue again, no confirmation email arrives to confirm the account.

So February arrives and I get a notification that a telecoms account has been added to my account, its BT with a debt of £196!!!! 

Is this normal? This is supposed to be a seemless addition of my EE package, not another account/debt added to my credit score?? I can see from the account number that this is from the BT Sports Smart benefit I tried to add on the 25th Decemeber, but this account doesn't exist! 

It gets worse 

Today I get another notification from my credit score telling me another telecom account has been added to my account (I'm assuming this is my 2nd attempt at signing up for BT Sport Smart benefit) and its even worse this time because I don't even know the BT account number for this because I didn't receive any confirmation email or email confirming anything!

So now I've got (2) BT debts attached to my credit score and I don't have even 1 working EE Smart benefit.

If anyone can offer any info on how or why this has happened and how I can get this resolved I'd really appreciate 

I'd really like to get this resolved today if possible, I know how a credit rating works, what I don't understand is how through a EE Smart benefit which is supposed to be a feature of my contract with EE, I've got 2 debts on my credit report now from BT.

I SmartSelect_20220318-131353_Brave.jpg

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9

Re: Unable to activate BT Sport

Go to solution

John could you please PM me, I'm having the exact same issue

I have 1 Smart Benefit with EE which is BT Sport

I've had the exact same issue as @andyxl987 and now I've got 2 separate BT debts added to my credit report and I don't have a working BT Sport sadly

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Smart-Benefit-Added-As-New-Telecoms-Debt-On-My-Credit-S...

I'd like this resolved a.s.a.p

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT have created 2 additional credit agreements which I did not agree to via EE BT Sport Smart Be

Go to solution

@EE2022C As this appears to be an EE issue, and nothing to do with BT Retail, you need to post on the EE user forum. This is the BT Residential Customer forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Re: BT have created 2 additional credit agreements which I did not agree to via EE BT Sport Smart Be

Go to solution

What started as being unable to activate BT Sport has turned into new credit agreements being created by BT, not EE, thus this is firmly a BT issue. The credit agreements in question are supplied by "Communications Supplier from BT (I)"

For reference, EE are "Communications Supplier from EE LIMITED (I)".

Complaining about this issue to EE would not be so different to mentioning it to Vodafone, they are not the ones who have set up the credit agreement.

I do have a thread open with EE here but as it involved both companies and having worked in a customer service role for a bank, I'm well aware of how big companies like to pass the buck

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Smart-Benefit-Added-As-New-Telecoms-Debt-On-My-Credit-S...

I'm posting this here because other members have had the exact same issue I.e here - https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Unable-to-activate-BT-Sport/m-p/2196700/highlight/false#M...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I have moved the message that you posted on another thread about this problem onto this thread as making multiple posts about the same problem only leads to confusion and duplication of effort.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @EE2022C 

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post.

I am really sorry to see you're having all these problems.  We're going to have to take your details offline to give you a hand to get this sorted out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Robbie I don't know if it was yourself or another user in this thread who I spoke to on the phone this week, I'd just like to post a thank you in this thread for your help getting it resolved

Prompt, professional and to the point, I really appreciated the calls in getting this sorted, I'm very impressed with BTs customer service

1st Class!

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @EE2022C it was me @NeilO 😁 who spoke with you. Many thanks for posting your feedback, it's really appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Have a great weekend Neil! 

No worries, doesn't cost me anything to show some manners and public gratitude:)