cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT keeps cancelling my transfer to Vodafone

My home Broadband contract with BT ends next month so I arranged for Vodafone to take over my Broadband. Twice now BT have cancelled the Vodafone contract the following day. 

This is a pretty underhand way to keep customers. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT keeps cancelling my transfer to Vodafone

Go through your Vodafone order with a fine-tooth comb making sure all details are correct, with no typos. An error could mean the "Sorry you're leaving" emails are going elsewhere & being cancelled by someone else.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Openreach must have rejected the Vodaphone order for some reason, it would not have been BT Retail that cancelled it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

have you checked your contract end date in MYBT to ensure you are not incurring cancellation charges when moving

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Silverfox885 

Have you actually checked that there is availability on your cabinet for FTTC or FTTP?

Locally on mine there's no availability or wait list as there's the upgrade to full fibre in progress so no more over the phone line internet is available.

Message 6 of 7

Of course BT are cancelling it.... oh wait they have no way of doing so, all takeovers are gaining provider led & managed by openreach. 

If you've not contacted BT & asked them to cancel your current service (wrong thing to do) then your question should br asking VF why they keep cancelling

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

The only way BT could cancel a migration is using the ‘slamming’ safeguards, the legitimate way this is used is basically you getting a ‘sorry to see you leave’ communication from BT , thinking to yourself ‘ I never asked to leave BT ‘ you contact BT on a specific number to cancel the other companies order , this isn’t unique to BT , every provider has the ability to do these slamming attempts.

At the moment you only have Vodafone’s ‘word’ on what the issue is , and of course they wouldn’t deflect the blame for their own errors would they ?  , or equally perhaps have have staff that are poorly trained and give without realising inaccurate information to you, stating ‘BT’ when it’s Openreach for example .

If what Vodafone have told you were true , they they should contact Ofcom , they would penalise BT heavily for such an abuse of this slamming safeguard , it’s much more likely they are  misleading you with the reason your order is being cancelled.

Openreach can cancel orders , if ( for example ) VF have taken an order from you for an Openreach product that isn’t available ( VF in error  for offering you it in the first place ) then that cancellation has nothing at all to do with BT, and everything to do with VF 

0 Ratings