cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT prices change from 31 March 2023

I took BT super/fast fiber 100 package on Oct 2021 with Price £34.99

In 2022 March, BT increase price £3.25 (total £38.24).
Now in 2023 March, BT increasing price £5.50 (total 43.74)

In 15 months of period i see 24% hike in Broadband price (8.74/34.99*100) compare to the intial cost.

BT already charges premium rate for the package which i choose when compare to other service providers.

Question:
when BT can provide the same package for £34.99 for new customer now then why the existing customer have to pay this much ?
Do BT pay their employees salary inline with CPI rate for every year?
Do BT pay their suppliers inline with CPI rate for every year?

I feel that this is simply looting subscriber money legally in name of "contract price term and conditions".
This is not a fair practice to increase price for existing subscriber and BT should come out of its hypocritical mindset.

BT price policy maker need to be consider price increase for existing subscriber.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT prices change from 31 March 2023

It's called free market economics.

Message 3 of 4

Currently Sky Broadband are offering much the same package as BT Halo 3 for at lest £4 cheaper than what BT are offering and thats with adding there Sky Boost add on.

As I been looking around trying to decide if I want to renew my BT FTTC or move elsewhere.

Yes I know Sky are also due to put prices up in April.

Cant compare Sky with BT Halo 3+ as Sky don't offer a Halo 3+ type service.

Think BT Halo 3+ is a little dear a month. Even for new customers.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Also known as having a regulator (another one) asleep at the wheel.

I’m out of contract in April so I will shop around. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’