cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT removed our line without us asking and now we can't get it back - shocking from BT

Hi All

Losing my few grey hairs here. BT has given our line to someone else, despite us saying no to a line transfer twice!

And now, it is impossible to get it back. We have no broadband, no phone line and being passed from one dept and getting nowhere.

Has anyone experienced this? I can't get through to anyone senior and am quite appalled by BT - it feels like this is my fault when they have transferred our line without our approval.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Mark

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT removed our line without us asking and now we can't get it back - shocking from BT

@markntalbot1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It would be Openreach that change your line, if it received instructions from another provider.

I assume you are a BT Retail customer, so I will ask a moderator to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT removed our line without us asking and now we can't get it back - shocking from BT

Hi @markntalbot1 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry your line has been taken over. Have you spoken to anyone at BT about this? have any actions been taken to get the line back?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi David

They are trying to fix it. We were told it would be today but nothing yet. Nearly a week now without broadband and 2 weeks without phoneline. And none of it is our fault. We have lived in the same house for 15 years with BT and now this!

How BT can transfer our line without our permission is absolutely shocking and I'm not sure it is even legal.

Thanks

Mark

0 Ratings