cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT to EE - does this just happen or is it a recontract?

I've been urged to recontract with BT; my current 24 month contract ends on 24 January.  I've held off as there is little prospect of OR Fibre arriving here until late 2024 or beyond - I had planned to continue without a 24 month contract.  But this might mean I would be a "new start" with EE at new prices.

I will be sorry to lose my openworld email address.  However, with 6 CityFibre providers to choose from, right now, perhaps I should move in the next few weeks to avoid being tied to EE? 

Will EE continue these forums?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT to EE - does this just happen or is it a recontract?

Although things are rebranding to EE, your contract will remain with BT until you change it - or you can continue without a contract.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@gspearsonwrote:

Will EE continue these forums?

EE have their own forums. https://community.ee.co.uk

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yes and its dreadful.  I'm going to miss this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi, you can regrade to EE and your email and cloud services will be maintained via existing access.  You will be offered a package taking into account your existing BT package and be expected to sign up for another contract in same way as you would if regrade on BT.  You will get a final bill on BT and new bill starts on EE.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Oh no I won't, you know.  CityFibre went RFS round here 12 months ago.  Openreach...missing in action.  If anyone forces me to move it won't be to EE on FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Well, there you go.

Just had a look.  Same price but the best they can offer me is 46 -51Mb/s.  I'm posting this on 61Mb/s, so sorry, you can keep it.

@gspearson  sorry, I seem to have hijacked your thread.  I'll shut up now.

0 Ratings