cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT uses an out of date email address to contact me.

Go to solution

I changed my BT ID to a new email adrdress several weeks ago but still BT keeps sending emails to an old no longer used address. How do I resolve this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT uses an out of date email address to contact me.

Go to solution

Hi, @Alan_in_Hemel thanks for posting, if you log in to MyBT in a web browser and select 'your details' has the email been updated in the contact details section?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yes it has several weeks ago. When I booked a visit by a home tech expert today the confirmation went to the old email address, which in theory is no longer on the BT system.  I am monitoring the old address before closure as some organisations seem incapable of managing a change of email address effectively.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Alan_in_Hemel the moderators will be able to help with that, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Done, thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Alan_in_Hemel it was a pleasure speaking with you today, I'm glad I was able to help you get your contact email updated.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Neil. Thanks for your help. I received an email from BT saying my complaint had been closed. Imagine my surprise when I found this in my old email address that we just deleted. Are you sure the old one is not still lurking somewhere?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Alan_in_Hemel it was still lurking on one of the contacts alright. It should be sorted but if it happens again let me know and I'll be happy to help,

Neil

0 Ratings