cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Being chased for already returned equipment

Go to solution

I returned my old BT Hub more than 3 weeks ago, but it is still marked down as not having been received.  I am also receiving reminders to return it and so I'm worried that I will be charged for it.

I have the Royal Mail tracking details which show that it was received/ delivered back on 4 November.

I can see some other people on this forum have had similar issues.

Please could one of the moderators help me with this (e.g. @DanielS or @PaddyB) ?  Thank you in advance for your help 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Being chased for already returned equipment

Go to solution

It is taking BT about three to four weeks to update their records after receipt of any returned items. 

The emails you receive are automatically sent out after set times if the account has not been updated to say the items have been returned.

If you have Proof of Postage or if you have the Receipt of Delivery BT Customer Services can update your account if you call BT on 0330.1234.150. Or you could wait until at least four weeks have passed by which time your account should have been updated and no charge will be levied.

If a charge is levied post back on to the forum and further assistance will be offered.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you @gg30340 for taking the time to reply and explain. I have already tried phoning but didn't get anywhere unfortunately, hence trying the forum instead. I'll give it another week then.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

For information for other forum users:

The hub was still showing as not received today and I was still receiving text reminders, despite it being 5 weeks on from the equipment being returned.  I, therefore, phoned 150 from my landline again today and this time managed to get it resolved.