cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bill help please

Go to solution

This is a long one, I upgraded march 3rd to fibre 900. I was told that I would not be getting the price increases as I’ve upgraded in march

i get an email yesterday stating that my bill was going up in line with cpi etc. so I ring up and the guy in billings kept me on hold for 20 mins then put me through to the values team.

this person has ruined bt for me, she told me that it shouldn’t be going up but there’s nothing they can do about it. I’d need to ether be the only person who upgraded in march to sill pay it (her words) or go onto a new contract at 72.99 a month instead of the 56.99 I agreed to. I said this was a joke and you’re breaking your own terms and conditions. You told me I wouldn’t get an increase and now you are. She said that’s how it is. I said i refuse to go onto a 72.99 contract. She went away again and said her manager would credit my account £343 to cover the increase I’ll be paying, thinking it was my only solution I agreed.

later on I rang the complaints to put an official complaint in, this lady was very nice and said everything I was told was wrong I didn’t need to take out a new contract at all the email was probably lag from my old account as all her colleagues and managers haven’t seen this happen on any other contact taken out in march. Said her team leader would ring me back to sort it, he never did

rang again later and got another nice girl who said the same as the last one and she promised she would sort this now, got a manager and cancelled the 72.99 contract and said that the email was an error and my bill should be fine. She even sent me confirmation cancelling this ridiculous 72.99 contract and put me back on 56.99. I was happy.

but tonight I have checked my bt app and my estimated bill for next month has changed from yesterday to this 71.99 new contact price????

could this be lag from the cancellation from yesterday, I really need this looked into as it’s really stressing me out now all this messing about.

they cancelled the complaint even though I said someone in management needs to hear what I’ve been through today. She said there’s nothing they can do with the complaint as she had already done the “fix” for the complaint. But it does get sent off.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bill help please

Go to solution

Hi @Mike3556 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you have reason to complain. I noticed you posted back in February and mentioned that you had just renewed your contract then so it's possible the price rise was in relation to that renewal contract rather than the latest one agreed to in March.

I agree that the advice provided yesterday was not good and I'm sorry about how this has been handled. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help with any outstanding issues.

We're quite busy at the moment so it will be next week before we'll be able to get back to you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Mike3556,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today about all of this.

I am so sorry that we weren't able to get this sorted for you beforehand. I will do my best to get everything sorted for you today. I'll be back in touch with you before 4.30pm.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Mike3556,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me twice today.

I have sorted everything out as promised. I have also sent you a private message confirming everything that I did to make this right.

Take care and have a great day.

DanielS