cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Bill price increase

Hi, how is it allowed for a price increase but never mentioned in contract? Does it cost to leave ? If so how much as i still have 13months left. Bills gone from 26.99 to just under 31. I definitely won't be renewing once contract is up. I rely on my broadband due to being stuck at home most of the time.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bill price increase

The price rise is mentioned in the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up to BT. 

BT Terms and conditions | BT

BT Annual Price Change | Consumer Price Index (CPI) | BT

If you decide to leave the contract early there will be Early Termination charges which are about the same cost that is left to run on the contract which in your case will be 13 months worth of payment.

Leaving BT | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

When I set up my new Contract with BT in March 2023 the email from BT with the package details clearly included the following:

A note about our prices
The monthly price shown for your landline, broadband, mobile, TV and Sport plans, add-ons and all out of bundle charges will change on or after 31 March every year by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year, plus 3.9%.

Do you still have the email from BT outlining the package details did it not include the above?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Ok, thankyou, i probably do but i cant find it. It just shows different prices for the estimate and the amount that gets charged 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Also you may find that most of the major suppliers adopt the price increase model of CPR+ %  each year. So moving to another supplier will not be much different to that adopted by BT.

BT later this year will change to a price increase in terms of a defined £ rather than based on CPI+%.

See https://newsroom.bt.com/our-new-pricing-structure-for-the-future/

I suppose the gist is to check terms of a contact when taking on a service.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@heathernicole97 

BT's price rise was 7.9%, so if your bill was 326.99 it should now be £29.12, not "nearly £31".

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Have you taken into account this details which BT sent to all customers regarding the price increase?

Why your bill after 31 March will look different

Our new prices take effect on 31 March, so on your next bill after this date, you’ll see a refund for any charges between 31 March and your next bill date.

You’ll also see that we’ve re-charged you at the new rate for those same days. This is because we charge you for the month ahead instead of the one just gone.

This means your first bill in April will be slightly more than the 7.9% increase.

The Bill in May and future months should then show £29.92

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

What communication have you had from BT to say your package cost is going up from to 26.99 to just under 31. I?

0 Ratings