cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Bill production error. My bill was paid on time through is showing as overdue.

I reviewed by bill yesterday for August and I noticed that it was showing an overdue bill from July despite showing on both my portal and in my bank statement as being paid on time through direct debit. I spoke to BT's customer service team yesterday who advised that my bill for July was showing as being paid on time and I would only be charged my bill for August. They advised that the overdue bill was caused by a bill production error (effectively a computer glitch).

The person I spoke to advised that I would not need to take any further action, however they gave the impression that I was not the only person who had experienced this issue. I'd be interested to know that if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they needed to do anything further? I'm just concerned that this error may show up again in September's if this is a regular issue and may show up on a credit report through no fault of my own.  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bill production error. My bill was paid on time through is showing as overdue.

Hi @j_luke,

Thanks for joining the Community.

I am sorry to see that we had technical problems when we produced your bill. Unless you had been disconnected and chasers sent to you, this won't affect your credit rating at all. From what you've described, it wasn't your fault so we would do all we could to help you.

When your next bill produces, check it and make sure that it's how it should be. If you need help, come back to me here and either I, or one of my team (BT Moderators), will contact you and get everything sorted.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bill production error. My bill was paid on time through is showing as overdue.

Ditto, I am yet to contact BT

0 Ratings