cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Billing Query

Is anyone able to explain what a "BT Friendly Auto Adjustment" is? This has been applied as a one-off charge to my most recent bill and the figure is exactly equal to the (not insubstantial) amount by which the previous bill was in credit.

The credit has now disappeared without any explanation. It was originally awarded as compensation for a disastrous fibre installation with a further amount added recently for the termination of the Line Rental Saver product.

Any ideas most welcome!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Billing Query

The auto adjustments are done when customers are impacted by a billing mistake, for example if a product or service was incorrectly charged at the wrong rate, BT can then mass adjust and refund everyone on that impacted product/service, without the need for the customer to call or for someone to credit 1 by 1 on each account.

It was also used to apply goodwill to LRS customers after it was removed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I can see that use for applying credit, however I think it should only be removed with an explanation, which I've not received. 

I spent quite a long time on Chat possibly with a real person (hard to tell) and was advised that my credit would be reinstated within 24 hours and a confirmatory e-mail sent. Unsurprisingly nothing has happened....

Thanks to all who looked and for the response.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@martins321 

Why don't you ask one of the moderators on this forum to look into it for you ?

Someone like @robbiemac might be able to help. 

0 Ratings