cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Billing & Security for Relative suffering with dementia

Go to solution

I have a relative who is in his late 70s, suffers with dementia and lives alone (carers visit twice a day).

I have lasting power of attorney for his affairs.

On checking his recent phone DDM payments I've noticed his regular £38 p/mth to BT now varies around £140, £180, & even £348.

Many moons ago he changed the billing to go to an email we are no longer able to access.

How can I get billing changed to a new email address & speak to someone to identify any issues with phone use or how to protect him from calling premium numbers if that is what is happening?

Any advice to protect him & his finances is much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Billing & Security for Relative suffering with dementia

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer help forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Hopefully one of the moderators will post here with advice.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @sebowden 

I completely appreciate your concern with this, especially if the costs keep increasing and you aren't able to see the full breakdown of the bills for your relative.

If you have Power of Attorney set up, you'll be able to speak with a member of our team to update the email address details. They can also take you through the bills and explain the charges, alongside working out what the best next steps are to prevent this from happening again.
Please contact us directly so we can help. 

@Keith_Beddoe I really appreciate you flagging this with us.

Linzi 

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks. I've finally got through to an advisor.
Account plan changed to one that blocks premium numbers and fixed payments for the next 2 years.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

That's a great outcome @sebowden, I'm so pleased the team has been able to help out.

Take care, 

Linzi