cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Billing increase

Hi. Has anyone on here managed to negate the massive increase from BT implemented in April?

My BB contract and mobile contract have increased by £6 per month which is over 9%.

I queried this and was advised to contact BT and re-contract which would fix it for another year. When I rang I was told that I could enter into another 18 month contract but at a higher monthly charge which was almost the annual increase?

Annoyingly the fibre 100 package I am on is still being offered to new customers for less than I was paying before the April increase?

Heads I win, tails you loose??

Tia

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Billing increase

I'm only on Fibre 1 but managed to negate the April increase and recontracted for a 24 month period. I did it on line without going through the telephne negotiation process.

Message 3 of 4

The increase in April was shown in the T&C when you agreed the contract and was CPI+ 3.9% so cannot opt out. You can always try and negotiate a new  contract depending how long is left on existing contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

14 months ago I managed to get FTTC 2 for the price of FTTC 1 as the price was at that time. As I told them I had been looking elsewhere and was thinking of switching.

Will see what they offer when my contract is up for renewal in just over 9 months time and if they dont offer me a similar deal then will move elsewhere but over the last 2 years I been 98% happy with BT for FTTC and we have been a BT customer for over 20 years for internet and longer for phone. In last 2 years now very rarely use landline now to make calls.

Just under 2 months ago cancelled BT TV with Now and went direct with Now for the same package Entertainment, Sky Cinema and HD Boost with discounts for 3 months. Making a saving of just over £7 a month on TV for 3 months and will try and get a discount again in June for Now.