cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Billing

I have received my bill for the month of July and it says my fibre 2 broadband is discounted up till 31st Jan 2025 at half price £36.43 down to £18.21. this bill I have received has my fibre 2 cost at £31.73 that is wrong it should be £18.21 for the fibre 2 up till 31st Jan 2025 as that's what it says on my bill "Discounted till 31st January 2025". Then to add even more confusion my estimated bill for the next month then has my fibre 2 charges at £18.21, I am majorly confused with this know beyond belief please can someone explain to me what is going on.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Billing

try phoning CS 03301234150 and they should be able to help/clarify for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

If the contract ends in Jan 2025 I suspect it's correct & it's higher with the charges in advance as your 6 months half price will be ending it was never half price for thr 2 years

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

But on the bill it's worded as though the half price discount lasts for the entire 2 year term. Yes I was expecting it to only last 6 months but the bill says discounted till 31st Jan 2025 so to me BT has to follow that irrespective if it's a mistake in the wording on the bill. If I go in to a clothes shop and see a reason shirt at £30 marked down to £10 then I take it to the till and the cashier says oh no sorry that's a mistake it's actually £30 I would say no it's £10 as that's what the ticket says it's not my fault you've made a mistake. Do you understand where I'm coming from.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Mathbro1984wrote:
Yes I was expecting it to only last 6 months but the bill says discounted till 31st Jan 2025 so to me BT has to follow that irrespective if it's a mistake in the wording on the bill.

No they don't, it goes from the original agreement as that is when the contract was entered into, if the original order states 6 months, that is your contractually agreed terms which you accepted as the order was placed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

What I agreed into at the start of the contract is irrelevant. The bill now says that the half price discount now lasts till 31st Jan 2025 so I expect the discount to last for the full 2 years. Looks to me like the ombudsman needs to look into this matter as BT have made a complete **bleep** up of this.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Mathbro1984wrote:
What I agreed into at the start of the contract is irrelevant.

Ok so if the bill said you pay double what you agreed to, you'd be happy to pay that?
The loophole you think you've found, you've really not.

Clearly you've already made up your own mind, so I'll not reply any further as there are genuine forum members who need support, good day.