cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Bills by email

Go to solution

I can't see an option for requesting bills to be sent my email. Questions I have seen on the Community tend to indicate that is not even an available option. How can it be that one of the world's biggest communications companies cannot manage a relatively straightforward communications service that so many others do as a basic standard service?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bills by email

Go to solution

if you use MYBT app and login then go to bills and scroll down select how to receive bills and select online

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks imjolly, but my understanding of that option is that online means loging in and downloading the PDF. While that is simple enough, if I have to do that for every supplier/provider I will spend a lot of my time just downloading!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

What a chore. Do all your bills get sent out at the same time!

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Simplyes we don't email bills, you do get an email alert to say that a bill has been produced with a link to MyBT where you can read the bill and download it if you wish after logging in. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Neil.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It's not that much of a chore but since I support my wife and two of my sons, who are all self employed, it's one more thing that it would be nice not to have to do ... or remember!  It is also easy to miss the odd month and if I have to back-track later, digging up an email is easy enough.  Bills Online are only available for 15 months so when our dear friends at  HMRC selected us for one of their random audits, on accounts two years old, the only way we could obtain the bills missing from our records was to pay BT an admin fee.  And I'm not talking about a few pouinds!

Again, not a chore, but I think a reasonable thing to enquire about.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Simplyes

sounds awful like you are running a business on a residential broadband/phone connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Business is on VOIP from another provider (one of the reasons I hadn't been downloading the BT bills regularly) but HMRC have a very fine-toothed comb and wanted to see a lot of our personal stuff.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
I print all bills (BT, mobile etc) every month and put them on paper files and in fact for the BT I still get a paper bill for one of my lines which is handy as the monthly reminders to logon and download a bill have stopped being sent for some reason by BT)
0 Ratings