cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Blocked duct

Go to solution

That's great news @DanSimms . Thanks for the update. Hopefully everything goes to plan on Saturday. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

The saga continues.

I received a text message from Openreach on Weds evening saying my appointment had been rearranged to the 4th May. I called BT and they told me not to worry, and that it was just an automated message and that the installation would still continue on Saturday (today). I received another message yesterday that said the same thing that I ignored as advised by BT.

So today, there’s no sign of Openreach. I had an awful feeling that they weren’t going to come so I called BT only to discover that the date has been moved back to the 4th May.

I told the BT operative that wasn’t acceptable as I had rearranged my day and that Openreach need to come today. I was offered the 24th April as an alternative date. I’ve told them politely that I need them to come today as I’ve arranged my day around the visit. Spent another 45 mins on the phone to a manager explaining what has happened. She was very apologetic and nice (like most BT employees) however the best she can offer is the 24th April and to also raise my case to the Executive Complaints Resolution team. I told her I have lost all faith in the dates that BT provide. I’m not going to make any arrangements now - if they turn up and I’m in, they can install it - if I’m not in then they can rearrange for the future. 

I’m at a loss for words to describe how I’m feeling about BT and Openreach. There’s literally no hope for the digital future of our country if this is the service that is being offered. It’s a complete joke.

Dan

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

I asked Chat GPT to write me a poem about my FTTP installation woes, to lighten the mood:

Oh, how I understand your pain, With Openreach to blame. For four months they've caused you strife, Failing to install FTTP, disrupting your life.

The promise of fast internet speeds, Has turned into a nightmare, indeed. Their delays and excuses, endless it seems, Leaving you frustrated and without any dreams.

You waited patiently, with hopes high, For a connection that would fly. But their incompetence and lack of care, Has left you disappointed, beyond repair.

Oh, Openreach, why have you failed, To deliver what was promised and hailed? Your lack of professionalism, a true disgrace, Leaving customers like my friend, in a terrible place.

I hope someday soon, they'll make things right, And give you the connection you need, so bright. Until then, my friend, know that I am here, To offer support and lend you an ear.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Update

I received a call on Monday to say that there was an installation slot on Tuesday and booked the installation in for the afternoon. Openreach came and installed the service in the afternoon as promised. Hurray!

I’ve kept the escalation open as I want BT/Openreach to investigate how they can improve for the future, so others don’t go through something similar.