cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Broadband Only (No Phone Line)

Go to solution

@Anonymouswrote:

If you take out a new broadband and phone service from BT, will that use digital voice as well?

FTTP or FTTC yes, ADSL not yet.

Any new provides or renewals will be supplied with Digital Voice, existing customers are also being migrated in batches, first they receive the Smart Hub 2 ready, then moved to DV.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

I’m currently paying almost £27.00 a month, for 80/20 with a minimal call package, awaiting the next price increase. If I recontract for the same speed, will it be like the new packages in that it will cost me more to retain the landline, or is it likely to cost the same regardless of whether there’s a landline or not? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

You still need the landline to carry the broadband, but you can save £5 a month if you do not want a phone service. If you want to keep the phone service, it will be delivered using BT Digital Voice, via the BT Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

If you are paying £27 for Fibre2 ( with the cheapest PAYG PSTN phone included) this is a discounted price, if it’s possible to request being transferred to the no telephony Fibre 2 package , AFAIK  is £5 cheaper , but that is list price difference  , it’s conceivable that you could end up paying more than £27, if they say ( for example ) £33 for F2 , minus £5 , so £28 and no incoming calls , as well as no possibility, even in emergencies to make an outgoing call.

No doubt, you will at some point be advised of being switched to DV , but that won’t affect what you pay, you simply use the phone socket on the SH2 router.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

I meant when my contract expires later this year, and if I could achieve the (original) price of £25.00 for 80/20, is there a chance I could pay slightly less if I get rid of the phone service?

I would imagine it would be more like £5.00 more to keep the phone service, and paying the same (£25.00) to get rid of it, but thought it might be worth an ask anyway. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@Anonymouswrote:

is there a chance I could pay slightly less if I get rid of the phone service?

The saving made is the cost of the calling plan, PAYG, 700 mins and unlimited mins are chargeable addons, many existing customers have PAYG free currently but renewals could mean that changes.

0 Ratings