cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband WI-FI and New Digital Voice Phone Service Should I be Paying for Line Rental?

Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry if I am being thick here but just appreciate quick confirmation. 

Had a fixed line and always paid for line rental annually to make most of savings. Just got a new broadband and phone package at which point an HD Digital phone was included and when the engineer set up the system he unplugged the telephone line as all done by wi-fi now. When making calls as per a mobile you now have to utilise area codes as well.

Does this mean I do not actually have a phone line that I need rental on or is that being too simplistic?

Don't want to be paying for something I don't actually need to be paying for. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband WI-FI and New Digital Voice Phone Service Should I be Paying for Line Rental?

Go to solution

@Glassback1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You are still renting the line, whether its fibre or copper. The price is included in the broadband package. You only pay extra if you want the ability to make and receive calls.

This has been explained many times on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Broadband WI-FI and New Digital Voice Phone Service Should I be Paying for Line Rental?

Go to solution

Your new DV phone connects to the SH2 by DECT not WiFi and this has also been covered many times on the forum if you use search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
1st time user hence message and knew it would probably get a quick response.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Have a look at this link.

Solved: Digital Voice FAQs - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

LRS ( line rental saver ) even on non DV ( digital voice ) ‘lines’ isn’t really paying for line rental as such , basically for an upfront payment of around £220 , you get a £20 discount each month off whatever you pay for your broadband, customers that have broadband don’t get a bill that is divided into 2 parts , broadband and line rental , it’s just an all inclusive charge for broadband , so typically if your broadband is £35/month , and you pay LRS upfront (  £220 ) each month , for the next 12 months the bill will show £35 the total cost of broadband  minus £20 ( the LRS discount ) so you pay £15 per month …basically LRS is worth £20 over the year , that’s the difference between £220 paid and £240 (£12x £20 ‘credits’) 

You can still have LRS on DV , but for many years it’s been the case that there wasn’t a separate line rental figure , just because your phone service is now ‘DV’ changes nothing as far as billing is concerned 

0 Ratings