Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Builders removed Master Socket from the house.


The builders removed the master socket during demolition. I called BT and after 30 minutes waiting I was told that since I have broadband only (no landline) in order to have the Master Socket reinstalled I have to cancel my contract and make a new one and that I would have to pay a penalty fee for cancelling the actual contract. Isn't there a way to just pay for the service of installing a new master socket under the existing contract?

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3

Re: Builders removed Master Socket from the house.

If openreach wiring still there then just try local paper for telecom engineer 

If on FTTP then I would not bother

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Builders removed Master Socket from the house.

If you need the master socket because your broadband is FTTC that requires you to plug the router into the socket , (possibly via a filter , possibility an interstitial master socket )  , and the lack of socket in effect means you have no broadband, simply report your broadband faulty , you may need to be creative when reporting the ‘fault’ , when the engineer is sent out , explain the issue, and they replace the missing socket , assuming that the wiring is still in place it should be an easy enough ‘repair’ .

Its likely to be a chargeable visit , but you seem prepared to accept that some cost is unavoidable.

0 Ratings