cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Called up to cancel TNT Sports now switched to EE and new 24 month contract

WTF

I took out a reduced TNT sports 11 days ago and today called to cancel it within my 14 day period.

Should have been quite simple but apparently not.

I've now been re-contracted to EE for 24 months and paying £3 pm more.

What a way to treat loyal customers!

BT are a shambles.

Seems that I have 14 days to cancel so looking to cancel BT/EE broadband completely.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Called up to cancel TNT Sports now switched to EE and new 24 month contract

I've flagged this to the mods, hopefully they can intervene.

That is totally unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi @TimCurtis, sorry you were entered into a new contract and moved to EE when all you wanted was to cancel the TNT sports.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

Message 4 of 12

@JohnC2 

Just replied

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Just an update to say that BT have accepted that I was poorly treated and at no point was it pointed out that I'd be switched to EE on a new 2year contract etc.

Probably staying with EE as a switch back to BT is not possible but because of this I could go to another ISP with no cost to myself under the 14 day cooling off period.

I actually contacted the CEO's office directly but had I not I have every confidence that the mods here would have helped to resolve this as they do an outstanding job.

Message 6 of 12

Just a further update.

Staying with EE as no possible route back to BT but very unhappy that my contract has another 24 months to run and now renews in August rather than late March with the opportunity to renegotiate a better price before the April increase now gone.

It's a very poor show from BT/EE that a "guide" basically manipulates the system to transfer a customer without their knowledge or agreement and there's no real recourse other than a bit of compensation. Personally I think that employees who do this should cease to be employees.

I had the option to transfer to another ISP but at this moment didn't want to run the risk of failing to port our phone number to the new ISP, that will happen at a time of my choosing.

Certainly my relationship with BT spanning 50years has now been tainted.

Message 7 of 12

Your experience was slightly different to mine and some others, in that you were unwittingly sucked into the mess that is EE. Others reporting on this and the EE forum made the move across conciously, and are now trapped there - I don't use that term lightly, that's really how it feels. Especially on the billing/account management side of things, very little of the software seems to work properly, and however much you contact them on 150, despite the reassurances of the very helpful call handlers, nothing ever happens to put things right - everything disappears into a black hole. The only thing you can be sure of is that money will be taken from your bank account each month. The chances of knowing what it represents, or managing your account online to make changes seem to be about nil.

It sounds like you've agreed to be an EE customer, but if you still have the chance to move elsewhere, my personal advice would be to do that and avoid a lot of stress. On the other hand, if everything goes swimmingly for you, it would be good to hear that on this forum, at least to prove that the system can indeed work correctly - that'll give those of us suffering some hope that one day it'll all be sweetness and light! 

Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@tonywick 

The actual switch - although not wanted - did go very smoothly but that was just broadband & home phone so pretty straightforward really.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

That sounds promising. Are you able to see and/ or manage your account through both the web and the EE app?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@tonywick 

My daughter was scammed into this by EE.

Six months ago she had BT FTTP 500meg installed, with 6months of Xbox Live Ultimate. She contacted BT to enquire why the message she had received stated it was going to now cost £12PM and not the £10PM she was expecting - (more on this later).

The phone operator transferred her to another colleague who said that they could give her another 6 months Xbox Live Ultimate for free, so she agreed.

Within minutes, she got a text saying...... Welcome to EE.

WTF........ The crafty so and so had switched her from BT to EE, which she did not ask for and also was not mentioned.

She then rang me asking what to do....

As I'm newly retired ex-openreach, I said to get back in contact with BT to stop the transfer, also to make a complaint straight away about the conduct of the EE employee.

Luckily she managed to get the transfer of her broadband to EE reversed only now she'll have a new account number. This all stemmed from the fact that she did not check on the website for the current price of Xbox Live Ultimate. Would have prevented a lot of aggro.

This sort of thing makes my blood boil as it makes BT look bad. Other companies working practices leave a lot to be desired.