cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can't claim reward card, plus my account details randomly go missing.

Go to solution

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently got connected for fibre 2 broadband on the 26th of April. 

At the time, my old bt account number was still on there from many years ago and seemed to keep defaulting to it when logging on. I contacted customer services via the online chat and they removed it, leaving the new account as my only one.

It looked like it was all sorted, but now it only shows me as having an account about half the time , and a lot of the time it can't find any services under my account on both the app, and website.  

I've been trying to claim the £100 reward card via the link sent to my email, but it just goes to a blank page, presumably due to my account details being messed up.

Is there any way someone can help sort this out?

Thanks very much in advance. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't claim reward card, plus my account details randomly go missing.

Go to solution

Hi @bluebellsky, sorry you're having a problem claiming your reward. 
Please check that you've the Account Holder status claimed on your account. What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

If you haven't then claim it and you should be able to claim your reward.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the reply. Is there a way to check that via the myBT app? Right now when I try to log on via the website it tells me:

"Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment

We couldn’t find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again"

It does this intermittently, but I'm almost certain that there were no account managers listed on my account the last time I managed to get to that page. I think maybe something got messed up when the old account was removed from the system.

The app also intermittently doesn't recognise that I have any services, although right now it's partially working. It shows that I have broadband, but the bills and usage sections don't work. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @bluebellsky,

I think it would be best if we looked into this for you and see if we can claim it on your behalf.

I'll send you a private message that you can reply back to me on.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @bluebellsky,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me originally.

I called today but missed you. You may notice that I sent you some private messages previously.

Everything should be fully sorted for you since I got involved.

I am going to close the complaint that I previously raised for you. If you need anything else, please, get in touch with me.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings