cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 25

Re: Can't order / upgrade online

Go to solution

Hi @Scott1210s, thanks for the update. David has still got your case open and will get this fixed and hopefully the speed should stabilise also. 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 25

Go to solution

OK then John. 

I did wonder if maybe the reason why the speed has been fixed, but the call plan hasn't, is because it's being dealt with as 1 issue at a time, instead of both at the same time. So maybe that's the explanation.

Which is fine if that is the case. 👍

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 25

Go to solution

I have wanted to mark this as solved, because our speed has been resolved now and switched over to what it should be, big thanks again to DavidM to getting that sorted.

But @DavidM said to me on Wednesday (14th) that he has passed my details over to different bt guys to get my call plan displaying correctly, and that it would take a couple of days, but it's now been 4 days, and it hasn't been done yet.

So part of me is just thinking maybe il just leave it for now, and either not bother, or il maybe see if I can get it done another time. At the end of the day, certain links in mybt to the call plan do correctly say it's Unlimited Minutes, but in the product section it incorrectly says PAYG.

Or maybe il wait till we actually do make a phone call (which isn't often) and that if it did incorrectly charge us, I should be able to get that charge removed.

But just a mention about something that happened since switching over to the new higher speed, is that because it lowered the SNR, that for the first time in the 2 years since having switched to fibre, it reintroduced noise on the line, and drop outs when picking the phone up. We only used to last have that issue when on ADSL.

For the last 2 years on fibre it had been perfect. When we was on speeds of 36, then changed to 50 (incorrectly put on 50) the SNR was very high, and no noise or dropouts at all. But switching to 80/20 I noticed it lowered the SNR significantly. So assume that's what reintroduced the noise. But over the last couple of days, I think the automated system has started to adjust it slightly, and the last couple of times iv lifted the phone receiver, the noise is pretty much gone, and didn't drop out. So hopefully it will continue that way. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

Just looked at mybt, and it is now finally displaying the call plan correctly. So both the speed and the call plan are now as they're supposed to be.

Thanks again to the BT guys for managing to get this situation resolved for me. 👍

This thread is finally now......... Solved! (hurrah)

Screenshot_20221220-201052~2.png

Screenshot_20221220-203024.png

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 25

Go to solution

That's great to see @Scott1210s .

I'm glad we were able to sort this out for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings