cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can't set up BT Id for account with no email or mobile register - unhelpful web page

I'm trying to set up a BT Id for my elderly father so I can help him manage his account online. After entering the account number/name etc, the BT Id creation page gets stuck here:

Confirm your identity

We do not have your email address or mobile number in our records.

And that's it.  There's nowhere to enter this info, no buttons to press, can't do anything else. It doesn't even tell you what to do or who to call next. Just dumped there with no help.

Guess I will have to phone to sort it, but a pretty poor customer experience so posting here for awareness

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't set up BT Id for account with no email or mobile register - unhelpful web page

Hi @grep2468, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 
If we don't have an email address or mobile number linked to the customer's account then it's not possible to complete the set up of the BTID. If you've called in already and got this information updated on the account you will be able to complete the set up of the BTID.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Can't set up BT Id for account with no email or mobile register - unhelpful web page

Thanks John. Yes, totally understand why it wouldn't be possible to complete set-up in this case, but the issue is that the web form doesn't give you any clues what to do next in this situation, it just gives the customer a "computer says no" response.- Just really flagging this up in case anyone in BT wants to bother fixing it... as I said, it's just a poor customer experience really.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

My sibling has the same issue today - been a customer for landline for decades and decades but never had to give email or mobile to BT and cannot set up MyBT account. Thanks for this thread. I will tell her the only way is to call BT (not something she wants to do as is very very short of time and I bet the call will take ages).

0 Ratings