cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can you pay to have fibre installed individually?

Go to solution

Hello

I’m potentially moving to a new home and the area is served by a fibre to the cabinet and copper cable to the home set up. Speeds are apparently 22Mbps a second for the current owner. I’m currently getting around 130mbps so am a bit wary about the slowdown.

It doesn’t appear that the area is in any plans to be upgraded any time soon, so I’m wondering is it possible to pay for BT to install fibre from the cabinet to the property on its own? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can you pay to have fibre installed individually?

Go to solution

Yes, if you have tens of thousands of pounds to spare.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

BT don’t offer FTTPod ( Fibre to the premises, on demand ) but some ISP’s do, the fibre is provided from the Aggregation Node not the FTTC cabinet , but as stated , you pay for the network to be constructed, and that can be expensive, plus the lead times can be lengthy, 12 months plus in some cases, and although a free desk based estimate of the cost can be obtained from ISP that do offer this Openreach product, to get a bespoke, contractual quote costs around £300 and is non refundable if you decide not to proceed once you have a contractual price.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Craig86 

This is of course this option https://business.bt.com/products/networking/bt-leased-line/

That would not include cost of installation.

Probably a bit expensive for domestic use.

0 Ratings