cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cancel my BT broadband with 3 months left.

Hi I understand I will have fees to pay when I cancel my broadband contract which ends on 22/10/2022 but how much ££ will the early termination fees be? I'm currently paying £75/ month but can no longer afford this so need to look at other options.

Thanks for any help

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cancel my BT broadband with 3 months left.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you what is the best simplest way to go about cancelling my remaining 3 months please?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I would prefer to stay with BT broadband is it possible to downgrade my current package to the cheapest available option?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

You can try phoning the options team and see what you can negotiate. Dropping from a more expensive package to less expensive still may have a small penalty 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for your help I'm just looking to reduce it as I will need the money to pay for energy/fuel this winter.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@imjollywrote:

Dropping from a more expensive package to less expensive still may have a small penalty 

A change of promotion where the customer remains with BT won't incur any early termination fees or penalty, it would only happen if a product was ceased in the minimum term.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @FarmerPhil and thanks for posting.

I think it's fair to say we're all feeling the pinch these days. I'm sure our options team will be able to sort something for you. Just give them a call on 0800800030. Let me know how you get on or if there's anything I can do to help.

Cheers

David