cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cancellation charge for moving to a new built area.

Hi,

I want to inquire about a cancellation charge that I have from BT for moving to a new build property.

I had initially intended to move my bundle with me to my new home, but was informed by a representative that it was not possible due to the unavailability of landlines in the area.

Given this situation, I was surprised to receive a cancellation charge on my account as this is not my issue .  

Could someone please advise on this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancellation charge for moving to a new built area.

@OB1987 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

If BT cannot provide any service at your new property, including copper, then BT will cancel your contract without any charge.

You must however use the Home Move Process first, and if the team confirm that they cannot provide any service at your new address, then they will be able to provide the necessary confirmation to the billing team, that no service is possible, and arrange free cancellation.

Did you follow this process?

Normally new build properties are serve by direct fibre, have you checked this?

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thank you for your quickresponse . I have already contacted the Home Move Process team , and they have confirmed that they cannot provide any service at my new address due to the unavailability of landlines in the area. Despite this, they have enformed me of the cancellation charge , and I am unclear as to why this has occurred.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@OB1987 

Its possible they cannot see the fibre routing.

Post the details on the availability link I have given to see if FTTP is available from Openreach, or whether its an exclusive arrangement with another provider. Who is the housebuilder?

I have also asked a moderator to comment.

0 Ratings