cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling BT services for parent with Dementia who has moved to a care home

Hi, I'm trying to cancel a number of my Dad's subscriptions and Direct Debits to free up cash to pay the care home.  He's somehow paying nearly £150 pm to BT, so this is a high priority!  I've got Power of Attorney and I've tried the customer service phone line but the wait times are longer than I can squeeze in around work, is there anyone who can help here please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling BT services for parent with Dementia who has moved to a care home

@MightyDavros 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 5

Re: Cancelling BT services for parent with Dementia who has moved to a care home

Hi @MightyDavros, thanks for posting and have you registered the Power of Attorney for the account with us yet?
If not then email a copy to POA@bt.com as this will help speed things up. What Power of Attorney (PoA) does BT accept? | BT Help
If you've previously registered it with us then post back and let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks John, I have just sent a scan of the LPA document to that email address.  What would be the next step?

Cheers,

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @MightyDavros, thanks for that and I've sent you a Private Message that you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be able to take things from there for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings