cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cant seem to purchase the faster speed in Halo 3 package

When I look on uswitch I can see the below offer:

bt sale.JPG

I'm moving house and when I go through pages on the site there is a package including Halo 3 and Complete wifi but the download speeds are 66Mbps - 73Mbps, guaranteed at 60Mbps.  I know this is only nominal, but just wondering why the difference?

For the package including Halo 3 and Complete wifi it is £41.99/month.  Other competitors on uswitch with similar speeds are much cheaper, around £20-25/month. So about £350-400 over the contract for the extra gear.  Is there a way to get a better price or is this as good as it gets with BT?

Chap on the phone I spoke to said 'but BT has been voted best provider' but when I googled this after the call, I saw several sites and surveys say Plusnet (which uses the same BT network) was voted best, at 24.99/month.

Just trying to get the best value.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cant seem to purchase the faster speed in Halo 3 package

Are you an existing BT broadband customer or are you with another ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm an existing customer. Just out of contract, and moving home. The above deal came up when going through the house move steps on the BT site.  The slightly slighty faster one came up on uswitch.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Have you checked using the dslchecker and entering your new address what is actually available to you. It may be similar to your current connection or any better or worse 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Both of those offers above were provided after entering the full address, and the same address

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The offers had nothing to do with the dslchecker so it would help if you entered your address and posted the results

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

PossiblyMaybe_0-1658248534904.png

0 Ratings