cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cease Order

Go to solution

Hi,

my daughter has just moved into a rented house and tried to setup an internet connection with another ISP, all was going well until the go live date, when the new ISP confirmed that there was a cease order on the property from the previous tenant. 

I connected both BT in the off chance the service was with them and found out it was. I asked them to talk with openreach to get the cease order lifted, but BT Internet told me they could, it would need to be done by the new ISP. I spoke with them and they couldn’t help. 

Can anyone help, all I want to do is remove the cease order and get my daughters new service live. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cease Order

Go to solution

@JasonGallehawk 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

There is nothing you can do about the cease order, and there is no way of finding out who raised it, as Openreach are not allowed to pass on that information.

You will have to wait until the cease order completes, then her ISP will be able to place an order.

As this forum is for BT Retail customer`s only, its nothing to do with Openreach, or any other ISP.  She might like to post on her own ISP`s user forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cease Order

Go to solution

Many thanks for the note, I will try the new supplier, its a real pain as it is effecting her Uni studies

0 Ratings